Friday, July 19, 2013

At Home (I want Pink Flamingos!)

I love random color, texture, and tackiness!

I casually snapped this photo, just to show my new plant, 'Lengua de Suegra' (Snake Plant/ Sansevieria Trifasciata Laurentii) to my Mom. According to NASA, this plant purifiers the air, and it is great for indoors. 

Yes--- there is oil cloth on my Ikea coffee table. It is a glass table and people kept crashing against it ( invisible!), so I cut a tablecloth for it. It is the cherry oilcloth in the seafoam color--- so retro. Awesome. I took the time to scallop the edges all around.  I was afraid that my living room was gonna become the stage for a freak accident involving dumb people, darkness, and a sharp cut of glass to the jugular. So, I wrapped the darn glass table with vinyl. Since it got the new look no one has crashed against the table anymore. Alleluia!

2 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Now all the plant needs is a mint green pot :). I like the painting on the wall! Have an awesome day!

    ReplyDelete